NORWALK, Conn. , Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Diagnostic Imaging , a leading online publication for news and commentary of the medical imaging market, covers advancements in MRI technology. Improvements in MRI hardware and software are impacting image quality, patient satisfaction, and workflow efficiency, experts told Diagnostic Imaging. Determining which investments to make can be overwhelming and radiology departments must carefully consider needs and budget, experts said. Diagnostic Imaging also reported on several trends, including:
- The shift from 1.5T machines to 3T models, which provide improved field strength and image quality.
- Machine design changes that address patient comfort by improving bore size and noise control.
- Software enhancements to improve image acquisition.
- Does your facility consider 3T MRI the new standard of care?
- To what extent is your facility concerned about potential for helium shortage over the next few years?