American Express today takes its unique Card Sync technology to the premier online entertainment service from Microsoft – Xbox LIVE – and to the highly anticipated game “Halo 4”. The move connects interactive entertainment with offline benefits and enables American Express ®’ US and UK Cardmembers to unlock content, offers and experiences by syncing their eligible Cards with Xbox LIVE at www.amexbox.com in the US or www.amexbox.co.uk in the UK. Cardmembers can access the American Express presence on the Xbox 360 ® dashboard and, once synced, load couponless offers directly to their American Express Cards from US merchants like AMC Theatres ® and PacSun ®; and UK merchants like Carphone Warehouse, Cineworld Cinemas, Dixons Travel and TOPMAN. Then, when Cardmembers use their synced Card for qualifying purchases at those merchants, the savings are delivered via an American Express statement credit. In addition, Cardmembers who sync their eligible Card with Xbox LIVE can load an American Express statement credit for $10 in the US or £10 in the UK. American Express is also leveraging its unique Card Sync technology to connect in-game behavior with real-world value. Cardmembers who sync their Cards with Xbox LIVE and play the upcoming “Halo 4” will be able to unlock special offers and experiences by reaching specified in-game achievements. These include: a special offer at Best Buy ® for US Cardmembers and Currys PC World in the UK; statement credits worth $25 or £25; plus the opportunity to win a coveted trip to E3 2013, the leading computer and video game event in the world. "In driving innovation, we start with the most relevant platforms for our Cardmembers and work to develop powerful user experiences that can be created by our technology and closed-loop business model in a way that's unique and unparalleled," says Leslie Berland, Senior Vice President of Digital Partnerships and Development for American Express. "And Xbox is the perfect partner to do just that - bringing a new level of value and engagement for Cardmembers that is meaningful to our merchant partners and a significant development in interactive entertainment."
Today’s development marks the first time American Express will connect merchants and Cardmembers via its Sync platform in the interactive entertainment and gaming space. This innovation is facilitated by American Express' Card Sync platform and Smart Offer APIs, which rely on the company’s closed loop network to enable seamless and sophisticated digital experiences for both Cardmembers and merchants. “The development provides merchants a platform for reaching a highly engaged and savvy audience with relevant offers and experiences,” added Berland."With movies, TV, music and games, Xbox is the entertainment hub for more than 40 million active consumers," said Ross Honey, General Manager of Xbox LIVE Entertainment and Advertising. "And now with the integration of American Express' Card Sync technology into our platform, we are able to introduce an entirely new layer of value for our members." Sync.Unlock.Score Cardmembers can sync their Card to their Xbox LIVE Gamertag on their Xbox 360 console by taking the following steps (How-to: Amex Sync with Xbox US video: http://youtu.be/QmbFBN-irdQ; How to: Amex Sync with Xbox UK video: http://youtu.be/jh41zmAYEFY):
- Visit www.amexbox.com (www.amexbox.co.uk for UK Cardmembers) and enter Card information to register.
- Cardmembers will receive an Access Code in real-time.
- Cardmembers then need to enter this Access Code in the American Express digital experience tile, which can be found in the Game Marketplace in the Games section of the Xbox 360 dashboard.
- Cardmembers then opt-in to securely share their Xbox LIVE Gamertag if they haven’t already and enter the Access Code to complete the sync.
- Cardmembers will then be directed to the offer dashboard where they can unlock content, offers and more.
- AMC Theatres® – Spend $10, Get $5
- PacSun® – Spend $50, Get $25
- $10 statement credit from American Express
- Carphone Warehouse – Spend £50, Get £25
- Cineworld Cinemas – Spend £10, Get £10
- Dixons Travel – Spend £50, Get £25
- TOPMAN – Spend £50, Get £25
- £10 statement credit from American Express
- “Operation Completion” Complete a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty
- Reward: US Cardmembers unlock a Best Buy®offer (Spend $100, Get $50)
- Reward: UK Cardmembers unlock a Currys PC World offer (Spend £50, Get £25)
- “Wake Up John” Complete the campaign on normal or harder
- Reward: US Cardmembers unlock a $25 statement credit
- Reward: UK Cardmembers unlock a £25 statement credit
- “Lone Wolf Legend” Be one of the first 25 people in the US or one of the first 5 people in the UK to complete the campaign solo on Legendary Difficulty
- Reward: Unlock a coveted trip to attend E3 2013, the annual event that showcases the latest in video games and interactive entertainment – including travel, accommodation and event access