JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) announced today that following the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, the company will offer extensive relief across the firm to its customers and the local communities impacted. “While all natural disasters are heartbreaking, as a New York-based bank, this one literally hits home,” said Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase. “We have more than 30,000 employees and 10 million customers who have been affected by this storm. We are prepared to offer unprecedented help from all areas of our firm through charitable relief, loans, fee waivers, and other commitments. We plan to be one of the key engines toward this recovery.” The firm’s pledged relief will include:
- Up to $5 million in charitable donations for relief and recovery efforts in affected areas, including:
- $2 million to the American Red Cross for emergency response;
- $1 million in matched funds for employee donations to the American Red Cross, WorldVision and the United Way, also for immediate relief efforts;
- Up to $2 million in donations to local agencies for recovery efforts including counseling, temporary housing, cash assistance and access to social services.
- Up to $5 billion in incremental capital for lending to small and mid-size businesses directly affected by the storm to help them rebuild. We will offer favorable terms on these loans, including discounted fees and rates. These loans will be on top of the funding we already do for small businesses.
- Offering funding to states, municipalities and transportation authorities for their rebuilding needs.
- Allowing customers an opportunity to donate to the American Red Cross with Ultimate Reward points.
- Waiving all mortgage-related fees and offering 90 days forbearance of mortgage payments for customers seeking assistance in the impacted areas, and temporarily suspending all foreclosure sales in the FEMA designated zones.
- With the inability of some customers to reach a bank, we are increasing the QuickPay deposit limits by five times in the affected states – up to $10,000 a day (up from $2,000 a day), and up to $25,000 a month (up from $5,000 a month).
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.