New and continuing sustainability commitments for Resolute include:
- Fiber Sourcing: Increasing FSC forest certification of managed forests from 18% in 2010 to 80% by 2015. Resolute has now certified 51% of its forests to FSC standards and continues to progress towards this target.
- Water: Improving the Company's understanding of its water footprint and voluntarily reporting to the Carbon Disclosure Project's Water Disclosure program.
- Climate Change: Achieving a 65% absolute reduction in scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2015 over the 2000 base year.
- Health and Safety: Achieving an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) incident rate of 1.2 or below in 2012, with a long-term goal of zero incidents, zero injuries.
- Communities: Establishing information-sharing community groups by the end of 2013 at Company operations to further enhance community relations efforts.
- First Nations: Drafting a formal Company policy on First Nations relations in 2012.