- Gap North America: positive 7 percent versus negative 6 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 6 percent versus negative 1 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 9 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- International: negative 3 percent versus negative 10 percent last year
- Gap North America: positive 6 percent versus negative 5 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 5 percent versus positive 1 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 5 percent versus negative 9 percent last year
- International: negative 2 percent versus negative 7 percent last year
Gap Inc. will release its third quarter earnings results via press release on November 15, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time. In addition, the company will host a summary of Gap Inc.’s third quarter results in a live conference call and webcast on November 15, 2012 at approximately 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call can be accessed by calling 1-800-374-1731. International callers may dial 706-679-5876. The webcast can be accessed at www.gapinc.com.November Sales The company will report November sales on November 29, 2012. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements within the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than those that are purely historical are forward-looking statements. Words such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “project,” and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding the following:
- diluted earnings per share for the third quarter of fiscal year 2012.
- the risk that additional information may arise during the company’s close process or as a result of subsequent events that would require the company to make adjustments to the financial information.
About Gap Inc.Gap Inc. is a leading global specialty retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta brands. Fiscal year 2011 net sales were $14.5 billion. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in about 90 countries worldwide through about 3,000 company-operated stores, about 250 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.