Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Tyson Foods ( TSN) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Tyson Foods rose 27 cents (1.6%) to $16.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Tyson Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of six million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.47-$17 after having opened the day at $16.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.54. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: John B. Sanfilippo & Son ( JBSS), up 19.7%, Pilgrims Pride ( PPC), up 5.8%, Golden ( GLDC), up 5.5%, and Amira Nature Foods ( ANFI), up 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Tyson Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.