Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Annaly Capital Management ( NLY) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Annaly Capital Management rose 33 cents (2.1%) to $16.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.3 million shares of Annaly Capital Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.78-$16.19 after having opened the day at $15.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.80. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: VelocityShares 2x Long Copper ETN ( LCPR), up 23.7%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 16.7%, UBS ( UBS), up 13.9%, and Salisbury Bancorp ( SAL), up 13.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Annaly Capital Management Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.