Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Bank of America Corporation ( BAC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Bank of America Corporation rose 20 cents (2.2%) to $9.32 on light volume. Throughout the day, 93.8 million shares of Bank of America Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 133.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.15-$9.35 after having opened the day at $9.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.12. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: VelocityShares 2x Long Copper ETN ( LCPR), up 23.7%, UBS ( UBS), up 13.9%, Salisbury Bancorp ( SAL), up 13.4%, and Jacksonville Bancorp Inc (FL ( JAXB), up 13.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Bank of America Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.