- Announced that it plans to launch Grand Theft Auto V worldwide during spring 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
- Announced that it plans to release Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for a wide range of iOS and Android devices in the fall to celebrate the 10 th anniversary of one of the top-selling games of all time for the PlayStation 2.
- Announced that it plans to release Rockstar Games Collection: Edition 1 in North America on November 6, 2012. This box set features four of the most critically acclaimed titles of the current console generation including Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City and Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition.
- 2K launched Borderlands 2, which has already become one of the most successful releases in 2K’s history. The title received rave reviews, highlighted by an average score of 90 on Metacritic, and has sold in over 5 million units to date, including strong digital sales. Like the original game, Borderlands 2 is being supported with four downloadable add-on content campaigns, available individually or combined through purchase of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass.
- 2K Sports released NBA 2K13, the next installment in its top-rated and top-selling basketball franchise*. The title received critical acclaim and achieved franchise record-setting first week sales, selling through 49% more units than the franchise’s previous fastest-seller, NBA 2K11**. NBA 2K13 is being supported by the new NBA 2K Everywhere strategy, which gives fans the opportunity to experience NBA 2K virtually anywhere via an all-new mobile companion app, a social game on Facebook, and a full-featured mobile version of NBA 2K13.
- 2K launched XCOM: Enemy Unknown, reintroducing one of the greatest video game franchises of all time. The title is proving to be a critical and commercial success, with strong digital sales and a near 90 average review score on Metacritic. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is being supported with two downloadable add-on content packages available this year, with additional content planned for 2013.
- NBA 2K Online launched commercially on the Tencent Games portal in China. Co-developed by Visual Concepts and Tencent, this free-to-play game builds on 2K Sports' award-winning basketball simulation franchise in an exciting massively multiplayer online game format.
- 2K Sports released Take-Two’s first free-to-play, mobile social game for Japan, NBA 2K All Stars on GREE, which attracted more than 300,000 users in less than 60 days***.
- 2K Play launched three mobile titles to positive reviews for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android and Kindle: Comedy Central's Indecision Game, a humorous political trivia game capitalizing on election year interest; House Pest, a family game featuring the mischievous antics of Fiasco the Cat; and GridBlock, a physics-based puzzle game that has received positive accolades for its use of the accelerometer feature in mobile devices.
- 2K announced the development of a massively multiplayer online game based on its successful Civilization franchise. Through a partnership with renowned South Korean-based studio XLGAMES and under the leadership of its CEO and MMOG design luminary, Jake Song, Civilization Online (working title) is being designed from the ground up as an entirely new online entertainment experience for Asian markets.
- 2K Sports announced that Pro Baseball 2K, an online baseball simulation game for Korea being developed in partnership with Nexon Korea Corporation, is planned to enter open beta during spring 2013. Pro Baseball 2K will feature authentic and true-to-life representations of the professional players of the Korean Baseball Organization (KBO).
|Third Quarter||Fiscal Year|
|Ending 12/31/2012||Ending 3/31/2013|
|Non-GAAP Net Revenue||$325 to $375 Million||$1.10 to $1.20 Billion|
|Non-GAAP net income per diluted share (1)||$0.45 to $0.60||$0.00 to $0.20|
|Net reduction (increase) to income per share from deferral in net revenues||($0.08)||$0.01|
|Stock-based compensation expense per share (2)||$0.07||$0.31|
|Non-cash amortization of discount on convertible notes per share||$0.04||$0.19|
|Expenses related to reorganization and unusual legal matters per share||$0.00||$0.01|
|Non-cash tax expense per share||$0.00||$0.02|
|1)||The Company’s Non-GAAP net income per diluted share outlook for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 includes the negative impact from a one-time contractual obligation of $15 million, or $0.16 per diluted share.|
|2)||The Company's stock-based compensation expense for the periods above includes the cost of approximately 2.2 million shares issued to ZelnickMedia that are subject to variable accounting. Actual expense to be recorded in connection with these shares is dependent upon several factors, including future changes in Take-Two's stock price.|