- Need for Speed™ Most Wanted launches this week with great reviews. IGN and Game Informer awarded Need for Speed a 9 out of 10.
- FIFA 13 and Madden NFL 13 debuted as the two top-selling titles in September in the Western World.
- EA was the #1 publisher in the Western World in calendar year 2012 to date, with five of the top seven titles.
- FIFA 13 sold through 7.4 million units, excluding mobile downloads, in its first four weeks to become the biggest sports launch of all-time.
- FIFA digital net revenue generated over $115 million* in the first half of fiscal 13, including FIFA Online 2 and FIFA World Class Soccer that together contributed over $50 million*.
- Madden NFL 13 launched to critical acclaim, logged record fan engagement with nearly 30% year over year increase in total online game sessions, and increased units sold through by 9% in fiscal Q2 as compared to Madden NFL 12.
- Battlefield 3™ Premium service has sold over 2 million subscriptions to date.
- Medal of Honor™ Warfighter topped the charts in the UK in its first week of sales.
- The Simpsons™: Tapped Out has been a top grossing iOS game for the past four weeks, was the #1 application in 54 countries, including the US, UK and Germany, and recently logged a record-high of 2.8 million daily active users.
- EA’s games and services for mobile have generated a 60% year-over-year increase in digital net revenue*.
- Catalog continues to outperform with Battlefield 3 and FIFA 12 together selling through nearly 4 million units in the first half of the fiscal year .
- Trailing twelve month non-GAAP digital net revenue was a record $1.44 billion.
- Trailing twelve month operating cash flow was $490 million, a $183 million improvement from the prior quarter.
- EA repurchased $108 million of shares in the second fiscal quarter pursuant to a $500 million Share Repurchase Program announced on July 31, 2012.
- EA’s Origin™ platform for downloading digital games and services has registered over 30 million users, including 13 million mobile users. Origin has signed agreements with 71 independent developers.
|(in millions of $ except per share amounts)||Quarter Ended9/30/12||Quarter Ended9/30/11|
|Digital Net Revenue||$324||$234|
|Publishing Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue||365||450|
|Distribution Packaged Goods Net Revenue||22||31|
|GAAP Total Net Revenue||$711||$715|
|Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue||$314||$216|
|Non-GAAP Publishing Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue||744||787|
|Non-GAAP Distribution Packaged Goods Net Revenue||22||31|
|Non-GAAP Total Net Revenue||$1,080||$1,034|
|GAAP Net Loss||$(381)||$(340)|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||49||17|
|GAAP Loss Per Share||(1.21)||(1.03)|
|Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share||0.15||0.05|
|Cash Used in Operations||$(28)||$(211)|
|(in millions of $ except per share amounts)||TTM Ended9/30/12||TTM Ended9/30/11|
|GAAP Net Revenue||$4,095||$3,857|
|GAAP Net Income (Loss)||15||(290)|
|GAAP Diluted Earnings (Loss) Per Share||0.00||(0.89)|
|Non-GAAP Net Revenue||$4,199||$3,963|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||309||173|
|Non-GAAP Diluted Earnings Per Share||0.90||0.52|
|Cash Flow from Operations||$490||$117|
|(in millions)||Quarter Ended9/30/12||Quarter Ended9/30/11|
|GAAP Mobile Net Revenue Non-GAAP Mobile Net Revenue||$75 $88||$55 $55|
|Monthly Active Users (MAU) in Social Games||42||101|
|Core Registered Users||250||140|