- Record sales of $3.0 billion, +74%, including the impact of the Nalco merger.
- Fixed currency sales +7% compared with third quarter 2011 pro forma fixed currency sales including Nalco operations.
- Reported diluted EPS $0.80, including integration and restructuring charges related to the Nalco merger.
- Record adjusted EPS $0.87, +16%, excluding special gains and charges and discrete tax items.
- Results led by strong gains in Global Energy, Latin America and worldwide Kay, Healthcare and Pest Elimination operations.
|Third Quarter Ended September 30|
|Third Quarter||%||Third Quarter||%|
|(Millions, except per share)||2012||2011||change||2012||2011||change|
|Net Income Attributable to Ecolab||$||238.0||$||154.3||54%||$||258.7||$||177.2||46%|
|Diluted Net Income Per Share||$||0.80||$||0.65||23%||$||0.87||$||0.75||16%|
|* These non-GAAP measures are adjusted for special gains and charges and discrete tax items.|