- Buck County = 175,000
- Chester County = 34,000
- Delaware County = 67,000
- Montgomery County = 128,000
- Philadelphia County = 32,000
PECO’s Emergency Response Organization has been activated since Thursday morning, Oct. 25.If an outage occurs:
- Customers without power should contact the company at 1-800-841-4141. The more customers who call to report an outage, the more effectively PECO can dispatch crews and restore service.
- Stay away from downed wires, damaged electric equipment and tree limbs or branches contacting electrical equipment. Always assume PECO’s equipment is energized – even if there is an outage in your neighborhood. Report these dangerous conditions to PECO immediately.
- Turn off and unplug appliances and other devices to prevent possible damage. Remember to keep one light on so you will know when service has been restored.
- Customers with generators should never connect them directly to home wiring or plug them into household outlets. Generators connected to home wiring can “backfeed” into PECO’s electric delivery system, risking serious injury or death to PECO crews. Generators should always be placed outside to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.