- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 125.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$120.27 million to $30.22 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 18.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $61.16 million or 14.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow COMMERCIAL METALS is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -29.71%.
- The gross profit margin for COMMERCIAL METALS is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.40%. Regardless of CMC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CMC's net profit margin of 1.60% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.