Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NRG Energy ( NRG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, NRG Energy fell 27 cents (-1.2%) to $22.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.06-$22.76 after having opened the day at $22.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.52. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), down 10.1%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.5%, RGC Resources ( RGCO), down 2.9%, and Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 2.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full NRG Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.