Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Genesee & Wyoming ( GWR) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Genesee & Wyoming rose $1.06 (1.5%) to $71.97 on light volume. Throughout the day, 239,652 shares of Genesee & Wyoming exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 585,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.21-$72.23 after having opened the day at $71.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.91. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: FreeSeas ( FREE), up 5.4%, Patriot Transportation Holdings ( PATR), up 4.8%, Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 4.4%, and Central North Airport Group ( OMAB), up 4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Genesee & Wyoming Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.