- Net income increased to $2.1 million in the 2012 third quarter, or $0.51 per diluted share, from$1.9 million, or $0.47 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2011.
- Third quarter net interest income increased 6.6% compared with the prior-year period as a result of continued growth in interest earning assets and lower deposit costs.
- Core deposits increased at an annualized rate of 13.8%, with demand, NOW and savings deposit products increasing $18.0 million, or 3.5%, during the third quarter of 2012.
- The third quarter ratio of non-performing loans and leases to total loans and leases decreased for the fourth consecutive quarter to 1.57% due to continued improvement in credit quality trends.
- Strong capital position with Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 14.22% at September 30, 2012.
Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company” or “Evans”) (NYSE MKT: EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, today reported its results of operations for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012. HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2012 THIRD QUARTER