- Reported record third quarter net sales of $335.9 million, an increase of 21.0% as compared to third quarter 2011, due to the successful execution of numerous growth initiatives and results from bolt-on acquisitions.
- Improved income from continuing operations (1) by 18.3%, excluding the impact of Special Items, compared to third quarter 2011. Improved diluted earnings per share, (1) while absorbing incremental costs related to several acquisitions and approximately 13% higher weighted average shares outstanding for third quarter 2012, as compared to third quarter 2011.
- Amended credit facilities to reduce borrowing rates, extend maturities and enhance liquidity and capital structure flexibility to best position the Company for future growth with significantly reduced borrowing costs.
- Continued to invest in a flexible manufacturing footprint to optimize manufacturing costs long-term, increase capacity, enhance customer service and drive future growth.
- Expanded geographic reach and related sales in faster growing end markets including China, Thailand, Brazil, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
TriMas Corporation (NASDAQ: TRS) today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012. The Company reported record third quarter net sales from continuing operations of $335.9 million, an increase of 21.0% compared to third quarter 2011. Third quarter 2012 diluted earnings per share from continuing operations attributable to TriMas Corporation was $0.47, as compared to $0.49 during third quarter 2011. Excluding Special Items (1), third quarter 2012 diluted earnings per share from continuing operations would have been $0.51, a 4.1% improvement from third quarter 2011. TriMas Highlights