Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Chicago Bridge & Iron Company ( CBI) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Chicago Bridge & Iron Company fell 55 cents (-1.5%) to $37.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Chicago Bridge & Iron Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.75-$37.67 after having opened the day at $37.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.64. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Heckmann ( HEK), down 9.1%, Real Goods Solar ( RSOL), down 8.2%, Avalon Holdings ( AWX), down 7.3%, and Sharps Compliance Corporation ( SMED), down 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Chicago Bridge Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.