Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation ( SIAL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation fell $1.17 (-1.6%) to $70.42 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 730,924 shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 485,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.11-$71.71 after having opened the day at $71.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.59. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 10.8%, China Green Agriculture ( CGA), down 4.6%, Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), down 3.6%, and BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 3.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.