- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- FCS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.73, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 41.20% is the gross profit margin for FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR INTL which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FCS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FCS's net profit margin of 6.90% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR INTL's earnings per share declined by 32.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR INTL reported lower earnings of $1.12 versus $1.20 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 50.0% in earnings ($0.56 versus $1.12).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 31.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $35.80 million to $24.70 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.