REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent leader in data integration software, today announcedthat it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the leadersquadrant in the 2012Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management (MDM) of Customer DataSolutions report, published October 18, 2012. The complete report, including the quadrant graphic, isavailable on the Informatica web site at www.informatica.com/mdm_mq/. John Radcliffe and Bill O'Kane, authors of the report state,"Vendors in the Leaders quadrant have strong results and deliverycapabilities, and will continue to have them. They typicallypossess a large, satisfied customer base (relative to the size ofthe market) and enjoy high visibility in the market. The size andfinancial strength of the Leaders enable them to remain viable in achallenging economy. Leaders have mature offerings and trackrecords of successful deployments, even in the most-challengingenvironments, across all geographies and in many verticalindustries. Leaders have the strategic vision to address evolvingclient requirements; however, they're not always the bestchoice." According to the report, "Organizations use MDM of customer datasolutions as part of an MDM strategy, which in itself should bepart of a wider enterprise information management (EIM) strategy.An MDM strategy potentially encompasses the management of multiplemaster data domains, such as customer, product, asset, person orparty, supplier and financial masters. As the name suggests, MDM ofcustomer data solutions focus on managing customer data -- a formof "party" data, whereas MDM of product data focuses on managingproduct data -- a form of "thing" data. There are no other discreteMagic Quadrants for other master data domains, due to therelatively low level of discrete market interest to govern thosedata domains in comparison to customer and product data."
The InformaticaMDM product family delivers consolidated and reliablebusiness-critical data--master data--to the applications thatcompanies of all sizes and types rely on. Informatica is a leaderin the Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer DataSolutions, continuing to accelerate its MDM growth and plans withongoing innovation, for example the September 2012 launch ofInformatica Cloud MDM; the addition of Facebook social mediaconnectors; the launch of Informatica MDM for iPad and theavailability of high velocity master data identity resolution forbig data.Additional highlights of Informatica's execution and strategicdirection for its MDM products and solutions in the past yearinclude:
- Launch of MDM 9.5. Provides breakthroughcapabilities in master data management for social media, Cloudcomputing, mobile and big data. Key elements includedelivering on the vision of the social customer master, andintroducing master data timeline for effective dateversioning.
- MDM for the Cloud. For organizations lookingto improve their customer information within salesforce.com,Informatica Cloud MDM increases the value of an organization'scustomer relationship management (CRM) investment with better leadconversion, customer targeting and cross-sell outcomes. InformaticaCloud MDM is a native Force.com solution, which is fully integratedwith salesforce.com and deployed in the cloud, with no need toinstall additional hardware or software.
- A leading Pharmaceutical and Health Care products firmimproves product planning process. The company needed totie sold products to planned products and determine how much excessinventory exists due to over production by the planning department.But, it was difficult for the company to obtain a complete viewfrom Demand to Manufacturing to Sales for each product. InformaticaMDM integrated the product data from planning, supply chain, andproducts divisions running SAP systems to create a single view ofproducts and hierarchies. As a result, the company hassignificantly better analytics and enjoys cost reductions asinventory levels can be optimized.
- A leading Wealth Management company improvesproductivity and marketing effectiveness. The companyneeded to reduce the time financial advisors spent onadministrative activities associated with duplicate data entry andsystem workarounds. Client, prospect and accounts information weredispersed across mainframes and salesforce.com making consolidationtime-consuming. Informatica MDM hub matched customer records acrosssystems to create a best version of truth for each customer andmanaged complex relationships among individuals, accounts andhouseholds. Consequently, the company improved the productivity offinancial advisors by 30% resulting in an almost 10% increase inrevenue per financial advisor.
Moore continued: "With Informatica's strong partner ecosystem,customers have access to best of breed solutions built on leadingMDM technology across multiple verticals including retail,financial services, manufacturing, life sciences, healthcare,government, energy and other industries. Customers rely onInformatica MDM, a part of the Informatica Platform,to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and makingmore informed decisions across the enterprise. Companies areempowered to acquire and retain more customers, deliver betterproducts and services and accelerate time-to-value."Tweet This: Gartner Positions@InformaticaCorp in Leaders Quadrant of 2012 Magic Quadrantfor #MDM of Customer Data report http://bit.ly/SgPDEo Additional links
- Informatica Positioned in Leaders Quadrant in 2012 Magic Quadrantfor Data Integration Tools Report
- Informatica Positioned in Leaders Quadrant in 2012 Magic Quadrantfor Data Quality Tools Report
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter and InformaticaMDM are trademarks or registered trademarks of InformaticaCorporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughoutthe world. All other company and product names may be trade namesor trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org