Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. International Paper ( IP) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, International Paper fell 85 cents (-2.3%) to $36.78 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of International Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.70-$37.16 after having opened the day at $36.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.63. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Autoliv ( ALV), down 10.3%, Monster Beverage ( MNST), down 10.2%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), down 10.1%, and Tianli Agritech ( OINK), down 8.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.