Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Celanese Corporation ( CE) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Celanese Corporation rose 75 cents (2%) to $38.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.18-$39.46 after having opened the day at $36.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.44. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 3.8%, Omnova Solutions ( OMN), up 3.7%, Gulf Resources ( GURE), up 3.1%, and Cabot Corporation ( CBT), up 2.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Celanese Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.