REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, today introduced Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition, a major innovationfor enterprises augmenting traditional transactional data withsocial, mobile, cloud and machine data at high velocity, volume andvariety. By leveraging new analytical platforms such as Hadoop,only PowerCenter Big Data Edition works both with emergingtechnologies and traditional data management infrastructure tounlock the value of big data while lowering big data costs andrisks. The PowerCenter Big Data Edition provides an innovative,no-coding environment to allow organizations to lower costs of bigdata projects involving new technologies like Hadoop through:
- High-Speed Data Ingestion and Extraction - Big dataloading, processing and extraction across heterogeneousenvironments to optimize the end-to-end flow of data between Hadoopand traditional data management infrastructure.
- No-code development environment - Removes hand-codingwithin Hadoop through the visual Informatica developmentenvironment. Develop and scale data flows with no specializedhand-coding in order to maximize reuse.
- Virtual data machine - Allows users to buildtransformation logic once, and deploy at any scale on Hadoop,traditional ETL grid infrastructure, or even through datafederation applications. The virtual data machine allows adeveloper to create a single set of graphical mappings and run themon a wide variety of data platforms and deployment models.
- Near-Universal Data Access and Comprehensive Extract,Transform and Load (ETL) on Hadoop - Reliably access a varietyof types and sources of data using a rich library of pre-built ETLtransforms for both transaction and interaction data that run onHadoop or traditional grid infrastructure.
"Through 2015, organizations integrating high-value, diverse,new information types and sources into a coherent informationmanagement infrastructure will outperform their industry peersfinancially by more than 20%," according to a September 2011Gartner report entitled Information Management in the 21stCentury.Minimizing New Technology Risk All new technologies like Hadoop pose certain implementationrisks. PowerCenter Big Data Edition helps minimize those risks byproviding:
- One investment that works both with emerging technologies andtraditional data management infrastructure, thus future proofingbig data initiatives.
- The use of Informatica's data integration platform, provenacross hundreds of thousands of integration projects, to createscalable Hadoop jobs.
- Data profiling directly on Hadoop, increased trust in big dataanalytics results to identify data quality issues earlier andvalidate big data insights.
- The implementation of mission-critical high-availabilitycapabilities with seamless failover, flexible recovery, andconnection resilience.
- The ready availability of thousands of trained InformaticaSystem Integrator partner experts.
- Deploy big data integration processing on the mostcost-effective, highest performing processing resources, based ondata volumes, type and latency requirements.
- Up to triple data integration development productivity bymoving to a codeless development environment.
- Leverage a library of prebuilt data transformation capabilitieson Hadoop to reduce development efforts and increase theirquality.
- Provision existing PowerCenter skills for big datadevelopment.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform and PowerCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks ofInformatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictionsthroughout the world. All other company and product names may betrade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 firstname.lastname@example.org Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation email@example.com +1 650 385 5674