- Live plants, herbs, seeds and Brooklyn Blend potting soil from Groundworks Gardens. The company’s founders met at The Horticultural Society of New York and today work with the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- West Elm designed brooms and dusters manufactured by New York City Industries for the Blind.
- Brooklyn-based Common Good’s 100% biodegradable and plant-based cleaning products with a West Elm signature sage scent.
- Sam’s Natural handcrafted candles, soaps, and lotions, using ingredients purchased solely from U.S. suppliers.
- Kitchen tools, cookware and an exclusive line of modern enameled cast-iron Dutch ovens and pans.
- A 2.5-quart saucepan from Brooklyn Coppersmiths, where every pot is the work of one coppersmith, one tinsmith and one ironsmith.
- Artisan pantry products chosen to represent the diverse food sheds of the country, with regional collections and themed assortments including “We’re From Brooklyn,” “Southern Comfort,” “Helpful Houseguests” and “Get in the Spirit.”
Home furnishings retailer West Elm, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. family of brands (NYSE: WSM), announced today the launch of West Elm Market, offering customers a total home toolkit in four key categories: Kitchen, Garden, Care & Repair and Personal Care. The first store, West Elm Market Brooklyn, will open October 25. A true neighborhood destination, the store will include a café and a common area for community workshops. Eight Market shop-in-shops will follow in West Elm stores across the country in Costa Mesa, Dallas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Nashville, New York City, Seattle and Toronto this November. The collection will launch on westelm.com on October 23.
Tools to Make Work Wonderful West Elm Market (Photo: Business Wire)Tools to Make Work Wonderful Celebrating the everyday, West Elm Market will focus on functional design, local production, entrepreneurship, and community connections. “We were inspired by the common sense shopkeeping of the classic general store to develop a collection of genuine and useful household goods that make even the most practical chore a little more enjoyable,” said West Elm president Jim Brett. “The Market store is designed to be a place to gather, learn, and connect.” “West Elm Market is a natural extension of the West Elm brand,” added Laura Alber, President and Chief Executive Officer of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. “We are thrilled to introduce this new assortment of exclusive, expertly curated products in an innovative community store.” The West Elm Market assortment includes: