Advanced Feature Set in Ideal Form FactorServal Lite meets carrier grade small cell backhaul needs, integrating Carrier Ethernet features needed to support advanced packet-based services in a compact, low power package. At less than 1.5W power, Serval Lite simplifies thermal design, significantly reducing equipment costs in small form factor outdoor deployments. Complementing the previously announced Jaguar™, LynX™ and Caracal™ switch engines for Carrier access, aggregation, and mobile applications, Serval family highlights include:
- VeriTime nanosecond-accurate IEEE1588v2 timing technology that can meet LTE and LTE-Advanced network requirements, even over variable-rate and asymmetric millimeter wave and microwave links;
- Support of multi-operator OAM&P and Service Level Agreements for Ethernet management, enabling RAN sharing and third-party backhaul ownership;
- Hierarchical QoS (H-QoS) support for complex delivery of traffic with rich media content over 4G networks;
- Integrated MIPS processor which allows advanced protocol support without a discrete CPU in the board design , reducing overall BOM costs; and
- Power dissipation under 1.5W, ideal for compact applications requiring a Power over Ethernet ( PoE) solution.