- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- SIFI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 74.50%. Regardless of SIFI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SIFI's net profit margin of 6.10% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $0.24 versus $0.28 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.