- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- PDO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 12.02, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 341.97% to $0.66 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PYRAMID OIL CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.70%.
- The gross profit margin for PYRAMID OIL CO is rather high; currently it is at 58.90%. Regardless of PDO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PDO's net profit margin of 21.60% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.43 million to $0.29 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PYRAMID OIL CO's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.