REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent leader in data integration software, today announcedthat it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the leadersquadrant in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Toolsreport, published October 18, 2012. The complete report, includingthe quadrant graphic, is available on the Informatica web site at www.informatica.com/di_mq. In August 2012, Informatica was also positioned in the leadersquadrant in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools report and inOctober 2012, Informatica was positioned in the leaders quadrant inthe Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer DataIntegration report. Eric Thoo, Ted Friedman and Mark A. Beyer, authors of the reportstate, "Leaders in the data integration tool market arefrontrunners in the convergence of single-purpose tools into anoffering that supports a range of data delivery styles. Thesevendors are strong in the more traditional data integrationpatterns. They also support newer patterns and provide capabilitiesthat enable data services in the context of SOA. Leaders havesignificant mind share in the market, and resources skilled intheir tools are readily available. These vendors establish markettrends, to a large degree, by providing new functional capabilitiesin their products, and by identifying new types of businessproblems to which data integration tools canbring significant value. Examples of deployments that span multipleprojects and types of use cases are common among Leaders'customers." According to the report, "Demand trends in 2012 are requiringvendors to increase flexibility in approaching comprehensive dataintegration needs and demonstrating alignment to expectations ontime to deployment, range of data integration patterns, sentimentfor cost and delivery models, and synergy with a broad set of datamanagement initiatives. Business imperatives to confront newinformation challenges are driving the need for a realignment oftechnology vision in this market. Meanwhile, IT leaders continue toemphasize requirements for high-quality customer service andsupport, and for extending implementations beyond analytics-relateduses to support operational data consistency, data migration,cloud-related integration and data services in SOAinitiatives."
The InformaticaPlatform comprises of scalable, high performance software thatintegrates data from virtually any business system, in any formatand delivers that data throughout the enterprise at any latency.With these enterprise data integration products, IT organizationcan dramatically lower costs, boost productivity and reducerisk--all the while meeting business demands for holistic, timely,relevant and trustworthy data.The Informatica platform-approach also plays to the fundamentalshift that is big data. Comprised of three aspects: bigtransaction data, big interaction data and bigdata processing - they are fueling the explosive growth inlarger volumes, greater variety and faster velocity. The Informatica Platform enablesenterprises to maximize their return on big data by providing bigdata integration. Informatica is a leader in the Magic Quadrant for DataIntegration Tools report, continuing to accelerate its growth andplans with ongoing innovation around execution and strategicdirection for its data integration products and solutions. In thepast year highlights include:
- In May Informatica introduced the Informatica 9.5 Platform, designed to maximize customers'return on big data. Big data, theconfluence of three related but distinct technology trends: bigtransaction data, big interaction data and big data processing,when harnessed can deliver exceptional business value to customers.Informatica 9.5 introduces major advances in helping enterprisesrealize the full benefit of big data.
- Informatica delivered Informatica MDM 9.5, providing breakthrough capabilities inmaster data management (MDM) for social media, Cloud computing,mobile and big data. Key elements include delivering on thevision of the social customer master, and introducing master datatimeline for effective date versioning.
- In September Informatica launched Informatica Cloud MDM for organizations looking to improvetheir customer information within salesforce.com. Informatica CloudMDM extends the company's leadership in Cloud Data Integration andMaster Data Management(MDM).
- Informatica delivered the industry's most comprehensive cloudintegration platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering with Informatica Cloud Spring 2012. The release includes a CloudConnector Toolkit, Cloud Integration Templates and newenterprise-class features for enhanced simplicity.
- Informatica Cloud received Best of AppExchange Award for data integration fromsalesforce.com customers for the fourth year in a row.
- Informatica announced enterprise and cloud partnerships withAmazon Web Services, Cloudera, Microsoft, MapR and Xactly.
- For a seventh year in a row, Informatica achieved top marks forcustomer loyalty for data integration in the 2012 Data Integration Customer Satisfaction survey conducted byindependent research firm TNS, a global market leader in insightand information.
Tweet This: Gartner Positions@InformaticaCorp in Leaders Quadrant of 2012 Magic Quadrantfor #DataIntegration Tools report http://bit.ly/VwyaffAbout the Magic Quadrant Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted inits research publications, and does not advise technology users toselect only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartnerresearch publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's researchorganization and should not be construed as statements of fact.Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, withrespect to this research, including any warranties ofmerchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. About Informatica Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number oneindependent provider of data integration software.Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their topbusiness imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend onInformatica to fully leverage their information assets residingon-premise, in the Cloud and acrosssocial networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000(1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com.Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informaticaand http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp. ### Note: Informatica, PowerCenter and InformaticaPlatform are trademarks or registered trademarks ofInformatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictionsthroughout the world. All other company and product names may betrade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org