Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Air Products & Chemicals ( APD) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Air Products & Chemicals fell $1.03 (-1.3%) to $78.96 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Air Products & Chemicals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 877,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $77.27-$79.39 after having opened the day at $79.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.99. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Cereplast ( CERP), down 14.9%, Pure Bioscience ( PURE), down 14.3%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 5.6%, and American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), down 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Air Products Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.