AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 128 million active users, today announced CNET and PC Mag have given top ratings to AVG AntiVirus Free 2013. Both reviews underscore the product’s core benefits of uncompromised detection, rigorous scanning and minimum footprint, all of which make AVG AntiVirus Free 2013 AVG’s most powerful and discreet free offering to date. AVG also was recently recognized by Software Magazine as one of the 250 largest software and service provider companies in the world. “AVG is honored to see its 2013 flagship technology get such glowing praise,” said JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies. “The world of online security, an area where AVG has always taken a leadership position, extends far beyond simply blocking malware and malicious websites. It’s about helping consumers and their families determine what to share online and more importantly what not to share. It’s about educating people with respect to privacy so they control what is being tracked about them while online – across multiple devices. We feel people should be fully informed and given the tools to control their security, privacy and overall user experience. That’s what we strive to provide our customers with every day, and we do it absolutely free.” AVG announced its 2013 range of products on September 6, 2012. Across the product offerings, new features include:
- A new user interface that supports touch-screen, developed through feedback from our customers, for a greater ease of access to most regularly used settings.
- Improved performance by reducing the startup time by 26%, speeding up scanning time up to 36%, and a user interface that loads over 200% faster. *)
- File reputation technology that further enhances detection and reduces false alarms.
- A smoother install experience with the new Welcome screen.
- Enhanced and simplified firewall making it easier for users to choose how they want to personalize their settings in order to protect their privacy and identity online.
- In addition to AVG’s multi-layered protection technology, AVG Internet Security 2013 comes with an integrated security firewall, AVG LinkScanner®, AVG Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware and technology to protect against WiFi hacking.
- Complementing the AVG 2013 Internet Security range, AVG PC TuneUp® keeps PCs running smoothly and at peak performance by cleaning the hard drive, fixing issues, preserving battery life on laptops, and eliminating freezing and crashing.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 128 million active users as of June 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797