Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Apartment Investment & Management ( AIV) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Apartment Investment & Management rose 33 cents (1.2%) to $26.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Apartment Investment & Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.42-$27 after having opened the day at $26.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.53. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 10.2%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 8.3%, First Financial Service Corporation ( FFKY), up 7.9%, and VelocityShares 3x Inverse Crude ETN ( DWTI), up 7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Apartment Investment & Management Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.