There’s no reason the spookiest night of the year should only be celebrated on October 31. Get the most out of your Halloween costumes with Spooktacular, an annual spooky and fun-filled event that offers children and their parents a Healthy Way of Life Halloween experience. Courtesy of Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE: LTM), Spooktacular is open to both members and non-members on Saturday, October 20 or 27, depending on location. Ghosts, wizards and witches alike will shriek with glee as Life Time destinations spookify their basketball courts to accommodate two hours of uninterrupted ghoulish games, creative contests and healthy treats. To keep your vampires and zombies happy and healthy throughout the night LifeCafe will provide a variety of healthy treats made from fresh ingredients, free of trans fats, bleached flours and artificial colors, preservatives and sweeteners. Spooktacular activities vary by location and may include:
- Monster Mash: Get up and active while you dance around, but pay attention because when the music stops so do you – strike a scary pose until the music starts up again.
- Ghost Catcher: Ghosts attempt to sneak past the ghost catcher on their way to the pumpkin, but they have to be quiet – if the blindfolded catcher hears them they’ll have to go back to the starting line!
- Wicked Relay Race: Race to the finish line staggering like a zombie, flying on a broomstick or hopping like a toad.
- Pumpkin Bowling: Bowling with a twist! Kid’s will use pumpkins as they attempt to knock down targets in this spooktastic game.
- Pick-A-Pumpkin: Pick a pumpkin out a cauldron to determine which hallowed prize you get.
- Spooky Spider Climb: Climb your way up the rock wall to spooky characters and to earn prizes.
- Dress the Mummy: It’s a race! Wrap your mummy the fastest for more creepy-crawly prizes.
For additional details on participating locations, dates and times visit the Activity Desk at a Life Time near you or check out www.lifetimefitness.com/clubs.About Life Time Fitness, Inc.As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest – or discovering new passions – both inside and outside of Life Time’s distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company’s Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of October 8, 2012, the Company operated 105 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC(SM) brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.