Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. GenOn Energy ( GEN) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, GenOn Energy fell 3 cents (-1.1%) to $2.77 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 25.7 million shares of GenOn Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.77-$2.84 after having opened the day at $2.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.80. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 5.9%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 4.9%, Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), down 2.8%, and Active Power ( ACPW), down 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full GenOn Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.