Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. CIT Group ( CIT) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, CIT Group rose 50 cents (1.2%) to $40.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 734,307 shares of CIT Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.14-$41.11 after having opened the day at $40.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.31. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: SP Bancorp ( SPBC), up 10.6%, Consumer Portfolio Services ( CPSS), up 7.1%, Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), up 4.7%, and Blackstone Group ( BX), up 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full CIT Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.