Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Dean Foods Company ( DF) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Dean Foods Company rose 98 cents (5.8%) to $17.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.9 million shares of Dean Foods Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.87-$18.23 after having opened the day at $16.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.96. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Cybex International ( CYBI), up 81.5%, Ethan Allen Interiors ( ETH), up 19.1%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 11%, and La-Z-Boy ( LZB), up 8.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Dean Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.