- Sales of $711.6 million increased $14.4 million, or 2.1%, from 2011 levels; excluding $16.6 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 4.6%.
- Operating earnings before financial services of $96.2 million, including $12.2 million of higher year-over-year stock-based, mark-to-market expense, compares to $94.3 million last year.
- Financial services operating earnings of $27.9 million increased $7.1 million from 2011 levels, reflecting the growth of the on-book finance portfolio.
- Consolidated operating earnings of $124.1 million improved to 16.5% of revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue) as compared to $115.1 million, or 15.8% of revenues, last year.
- Net earnings of $74.1 million, or $1.26 per diluted share, compares with net earnings of $67.8 million, or $1.16 per diluted share, last year.
Snap-on Incorporated (NYSE: SNA), a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks, today announced operating results for the third quarter of 2012.