- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- RATE's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 33.77%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- In comparison to the other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, BANKRATE INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BANKRATE INC is rather high; currently it is at 69.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.30% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has improved to $31.07 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.