- GAAP net income of $241.9 million, or $1.46 per diluted share.
- Core Earnings of $41.2 million, or $0.25 per diluted share.
- A component of the Company’s net income for the quarter was $36.9 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, of appreciation on forward settling purchases (also referred to as “drop income”) that was accounted for as net gain from investments on our statement of operations and therefore excluded from our Core Earnings.
- Net realized gain from investments of $27.0 million for the third quarter of 2012 bringing the Company's net realized gain from investments to $93.3 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2012.
- Operating expenses of 0.93% of average net assets.
- September 30, 2012 net asset value per common share of $14.46 per share after declaring a $0.45 dividend per common share on September 11, 2012.
- Interest rate spread net of hedge of 1.24%. Adjusted interest rate spread net of hedge 1.41%.
- Weighted average amortized cost of Agency RMBS of $104.35.
CYS Investments, Inc. (NYSE: CYS) (“CYS” or the “Company”) today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012. Third Quarter 2012 Highlights