Today at Citrix Synergy™, the conference where mobile workstyles and cloud services meet, Citrix unveiled the next phase of its strategy to enable the mobile enterprise. With the advent of consumerization, mobility and the cloud, an increasingly mobile workforce is looking for easier ways to work the way they want – with anyone, from any location, on any device. With today’s announcements, Citrix gives customers of all sizes the Power to Say Yes to consumer-inspired mobile workstyles with an expanding portfolio of solutions that give employees the freedom and flexibility they want, combined with the security and control businesses need. Today’s announcements make it easier for companies of all sizes to go mobile – empowering employees to interact securely with any combination of data, apps and devices – then bringing it all together in a seamless, integrated experience for end users. Saying Yes to More than Three Billion Devices The starting point of the Citrix enterprise mobility strategy is Citrix Receiver™, the company’s universal software client. Available for free on consumer app stores, Citrix Receiver gives employees secure, self-service access to all the apps and data they need to work from any device – all with a beautifully designed user experience tailored to the device they are using. Citrix Receiver now supports more than three billion devices, including all major tablet, smartphone, laptop, Mac and PC platforms – and will add support for new Windows 8 tablets and laptops as they come on the market. To further extend its support of new consumer-style devices, Citrix also announced a new version of Citrix XenClient™ that provides virtual desktops to go for the millions of new lightweight Ultrabooks™ transforming the laptop market. XenClient for Ultrabooks uses a client-side hypervisor that runs directly on the laptop, but is connected to the corporate datacenter for centralized synchronization and management. For end users, this means they get all the power of a local Windows experience on laptops and Ultrabooks, even when disconnected from the network. As soon as they connect again, any changes are automatically synchronized with a central image in the datacenter. This innovative approach extends all the benefits of VDI to mobile workers with no compromise in performance or security. The combination of Citrix Receiver and XenClient offer a perfect starting point for companies looking to roll out Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs to employees in a way that’s secure, easy and proven. Solving the Cloud Data Problem As consumer devices enter the workforce in record numbers, one of the first challenges for most businesses is how to handle the resulting data problem. End users increasingly want to use personal mobile devices to access their work documents from a diverse range of consumer laptops, mobile tablets and smart phones. In the absence of an easy-to-use solution from IT, employees increasingly rely on consumer cloud services that do not rely on corporate security, like Dropbox, to access documents on the go from any of their own devices, and share them with other colleagues via the cloud. While solutions like this offer great productivity for end users, they create a security nightmare for businesses, placing mission critical intellectual property at risk, and making it nearly impossible to comply with security and privacy regulations.
The best way to address this problem is for businesses to offer a secure data sharing service to employees that gives them all the ease-of-use and mobile device support of their favorite consumer cloud services – combined with all the security and control required by the business. To address this problem, Citrix today announced the immediate availability of Citrix ShareFile™ with StorageZones. This innovative new solution gives employees all the ease and flexibility they want, while providing IT with the ability to choose where corporate data is stored, including on-premise within their own secure datacenters. Because ShareFile supports enterprise client-side security, corporate data accessed on personal devices is encrypted, and can be remotely wiped by the business at any time if the employee leaves the company, or the device is lost or stolen.This best-of-both-worlds approach gives users true “follow-me-data” services across all their corporate and personal devices, while allowing the business to meet strict security, data sovereignty, and compliance requirements. The new ShareFile StorageZones capability is available today as a software download, and will soon be available as a StorageZones MPX™ appliance powered by Citrix NetScaler® that transparently integrates all the networking and security functionality needed to deploy on-premise StorageZones into a single, all-in-one solution. To further extend the value of this solution, Citrix announced new StorageZone Connectors for ShareFile that allow customers to securely connect a ShareFile StorageZone instance to data in existing network storage systems. This innovative capability makes it easy for users to securely access their work documents from anywhere on any device through a common ShareFile app, regardless of where the data is actually stored behind the scenes. Citrix also announced plans to deliver ShareFile StorageZones for Microsoft Windows Azure in 2013. This integration will allow ShareFile customers to leverage all the power of the Azure cloud as a secure, seamless extension of their enterprise data sharing strategy.
A Single Control Point for Mobile Apps and DataThe final piece of a comprehensive mobile enterprise strategy for IT is an integrated solution that brings together the management of mobile apps, data and devices into a single, unified control point. That’s where Citrix CloudGateway™ comes in. Today at Synergy, Citrix conducted a live public demonstration of CloudGateway with its groundbreaking MDX “mobile device experience” technology. The addition of new MDX features gives CloudGateway a set of mobile app management technologies that enable full security and control over native iOS, Android and HTML 5 apps. The new CloudGateway release also includes integration with the new Me@Work mobile application family announced at Synergy, giving customers a unified way to control the delivery of apps and data to mobile devices. Integration with Citrix XenApp® delivers virtualized Windows apps as a cloud service to mobile devices. With these new additions, CloudGateway becomes the first product in the industry to offer customers a single unified control point for any mix of mobile, web, SaaS and Windows apps and data, delivered to any mix of corporate and personal devices. CloudGateway also features a full, unified storefront capability that makes it easy to give employees secure, self-service access to the apps they need though an intuitive consumer-like app. The combination of CloudGateway, ShareFile and Citrix Receiver gives customers the most complete solution for enterprise mobility in the industry. It’s All About Me In a world of consumerization and user choice, the most important piece of any enterprise mobility strategy is a relentless focus on end user experience. For employees, “mobile enterprise” is simply about “ME” at work. Building sophisticated infrastructure systems won’t enable the mobile enterprise unless the people using them feel empowered with simple, beautiful experiences that are as good or better than they can find in the consumer world.
To address this key final piece of the puzzle, Citrix today unveiled the new Citrix Me@Work mobile app family. This powerful new family of core mobile apps will address the key functions required for end user mobility, combining all the simplicity and user experience employees expect, with the security and control the business requires. The new Citrix Me@Work family starts with two new apps designed exclusively for mobile devices, and will be included for free with a license to Citrix CloudGateway:
- Citrix @WorkWeb for Secure Browsing – @WorkWeb is a native mobile browser for iOS and Android devices that will enable secure access to confidential web apps. Using the new @WorkWeb app, companies can give employees secure access to internal corporate web sites, external SaaS apps, and custom-built HTML5 apps – directly from their personal mobile devices. Designed for use with CloudGateway, @WorkMail leverages the new MDX Web Connect technology for rock solid web security, and MDX Micro VPN technology to create a dedicated VPN tunnel for accessing a company’s internal network. The new @WorkWeb will also include built-in integration with other Citrix Me@Work apps, allowing users to click on links, such as ‘mailto’ or GoToMeeting®, and have the native apps automatically open inside the secure container on the mobile device.
- Citrix @WorkMail for Secure Productivity – @WorkMail is a secure native email, calendar and contacts solution developed specifically for Android and iOS devices. Designed for use with CloudGateway, @WorkMail will leverage the new MDX App Vault technology to ensure full security of all corporate communications, even if the device is lost or stolen. @WorkMail is also designed with user experience in mind, giving employees a powerful personal productivity solution that seamlessly integrates all the features they need into a single, intuitive app. Most importantly, @WorkMail will include built-in integration with the other apps in the Citrix Me@Work family, including “one touch” integration that makes it easy to attach docs to emails from ShareFile, open attachments and web links with @WorkWeb, schedule meetings with GoToMeeting, and collaborate through Podio™ on-the-fly – all while staying inside the secure container on the mobile device.
- Citrix ShareFile – for secure “follow-me data” across any mobile device
- Citrix GoToMeeting – for easy, integrated collaboration, including audio, video and screen sharing, including the ability to host meetings from mobile devices with the new GoToMeeting iPad Presenter Mode, unveiled for the first time today at Synergy.
- Citrix Podio – for social team collaboration that makes it easy for people to work the way the want
- Announcement: Citrix Accelerates “Path to the Cloud” at Citrix Synergy Barcelona
- Citrix expert blog: Microsoft and Citrix are transforming the user experience: See how at Synergy Barcelona
- Citrix Synergy Barcelona newsroom
The development, release, timing and combination of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contractCitrix®, GoToMeeting®, Citrix ShareFile™, GoToAssist®, Citrix Receiver™, CloudGateway™, XenApp®, NetScaler®, Podio™, and XenClient™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50443944&lang=en