Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Jarden Corporation ( JAH) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Jarden Corporation rose $1.35 (2.5%) to $55.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 715,500 shares of Jarden Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 941,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.36-$55.65 after having opened the day at $54.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.05. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Fossil ( FOSL), up 7.3%, Movado Group ( MOV), up 6.2%, Stanley Furniture Company ( STLY), up 6.1%, and Entertainment Gaming Asia ( EGT), up 5.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Jarden Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.