- Leading Application Layer Performance in Class – The 4200v delivers 850,000 layer 7 requests per second, offering industry-leading performance among mid-range Application Delivery Controller platforms. By providing a high-performance appliance in this range, F5 offers a comprehensive ADN solution that meets the demanding traffic management, security, and optimization needs of mid-sized enterprises and other organizations supporting multiple applications and services. The ability to process more requests per second at the application layer enables the 4200v to make intelligent decisions based on business policies, such as inspecting application payloads and removing confidential information.
- Enhanced SSL Performance for Added Security – The 4200v provides 9,000 SSL TPS for 2K Keys and 8 Gbps of bulk SSL throughput performance, up to 4x what competitors can offer. With these SSL processing levels, organizations can easily encrypt all types of data transfers—not just login and financial transactions—without sacrificing overall performance. The hardware platform’s SSL processing capabilities can also offload CPU-intensive tasks from application servers, freeing up additional capacity and reducing the cost of managing SSL certificates.
- Hardware Compression for Optimized Operations – Reducing the amount of data through compression technologies helps optimize applications, especially over limited-bandwidth networks. By offloading compression from application servers with dedicated hardware, the 4200v reduces server load and mitigates the need to add more servers to scale IT services. The 4200v also boasts the highest compression throughput of any Application Delivery Controller in its class—2x that of the nearest competitor—through its use of hardware compression.
- Leading Performance per Watt for Reduced Energy Costs – With its 80 PLUS Gold Certified high efficiency power supplies—a first in its class—the 4200v delivers leading performance per watt, at 3x that of the nearest competitor. This means less power use, lower cooling requirements, and reduced data center costs.
1Gartner, Inc. “Amplifying the Enterprise: The 2012 CIO Agenda,” January 2012Additional Resources
- BIG-IP 4200v Hardware Platform – SlideShare Presentation
- BIG-IP Hardware – Product Information Page
- BIG-IP Hardware – Datasheet
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.