- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- The gross profit margin for METALS USA HOLDINGS CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.50% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.50 million or 119.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.71 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, MUSA has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.09, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- METALS USA HOLDINGS CORP's earnings per share declined by 10.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, METALS USA HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.72 versus $0.31 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3.5% in earnings ($1.66 versus $1.72).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Metals & Mining industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 11.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $21.50 million to $19.00 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.