Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors fell 31 cents (-1.1%) to $27.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.86-$28.05 after having opened the day at $28.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.64. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Tianli Agritech ( OINK), down 9.8%, Summer Infant ( SUMR), down 8.4%, Cereplast ( CERP), down 7.8%, and Monro Muffler/Brake ( MNRO), down 6.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Tesla Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.