Across the country, Capital One associates will participate in hundreds of service projects this week, including:
- In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, volunteers will build an outdoor reading room underneath a giant oak tree at Bernard Terrace Elementary School to help local youth in the community develop a love of reading.
- In Las Vegas, volunteers will mentor high school students aspiring to pursue Finance careers, and will provide a new school library and donate thousands of books to the students at J.D. Smith Middle School.
- In New York City, Capital One volunteers will partner with The Heart of America Foundation to open a READesign® College Access Room that will provide financial literacy and college application resources at the Washington Heights Expeditionary Learning School in Harlem.
- In Richmond, Virginia, volunteers will renovate the library at Chimborazo Elementary School, give library tours to parents, and participate in financial literacy-themed sports activities with Radio Disney.
- In Texas, volunteers will renovate a school library at John Marshall Middle School in Houston and will join a neighborhood beautification project in East Plano.
- In Washington, D.C., children at THEARC will participate in a Fall Harvest Party with family-friendly activities and fun gardening projects to winterize THEARC Organic Community Garden.
- In Wilmington, Delaware, more than 1,000 school students from Bancroft Elementary, East Side Charter and Elbert Palmer Elementary will receive financial literacy lessons.
[ EDITORS NOTE: Members of the media are invited to attend select One Week initiatives. Contact email@example.com for event details and press passes.]About Capital One Capital One Financial Corporation, headquartered in McLean, Virginia, is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 1,000 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Its subsidiaries, Capital One, N.A., Capital One Bank (USA), N. A., and ING Bank, fsb, offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and empowerment in our commitment to our communities across the country that we do in our business. We recognize that helping to build strong and healthy communities – good places to work, good places to do business and good places to raise families – benefits us all and we are proud to support this and other community initiatives.