Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) today announced the company’s continued participation in Cyber Endeavor, the United States Pacific Command’s paramount cyber security collaboration, familiarization and engagement program designed to strengthen partner-nation cyber defense capabilities. During Pacific Endeavor at Cyber Endeavor, the participating nations used the Ixia BreakingPoint cyber range solution to run Green-, Red- and Blue-team exercises to enhance performance, harden defenses, validate methodologies and train next-generation cyber warriors. News Highlights Pacific Endeavor at Cyber Endeavor is an interoperability cyber war exercise for military communication systems held annually since 2004. The mission of the event is to build collaboration among technology providers and government and nongovernment organizations, to develop core competencies, and to offer in-depth exploration of aspects of providing confidentiality, integrity and availability of critical communications. Additionally, the exercises are done to harden current communication infrastructures to be resilient in the face of cyber attack and train personnel to recognize threats and avert attacks before damage occurs and communications systems are interrupted. Ixia BreakingPoint cyber range solutions and cyber security experts were used during Pacific Endeavor to create cyber war conditions and:
- Battle-test current network devices and systems in order to harden their resiliency to both recreational and malicious traffic while remaining stable and delivering communications.
- Validate current cyber security test methodologies to validate the future performance of network devices such as next-generation firewall, firewall, application identification, IPS, antivirus, antimalware, antispyware and others to function against advanced persistent threats and the very latest attacks.
- Identify the potential limits and vulnerabilities of current network infrastructure and optimize it for ultimate performance.
- Train military personnel.
“Hardening cyber security defenses and training military personnel to become cyber warriors demands the types of exercises led by Pacific Endeavor at Cyber Endeavor,” said Gregory Fresnais, international director, business development for EMEA and APAC, Ixia. “Pacific Endeavor allowed the Ixia BreakingPoint cyber range solutions, along with our highly experienced cyber range team, to quickly create the exact conditions needed to battle test infrastructure and people and transform them both to be resilient in the face of attack. At the end of the exercises we were able to provide the participants an understanding of the current threat landscape and knowledge on how to better defend and protect their networks and cyber domains.”Details on Pacific Endeavor Use of Ixia BreakingPoint Cyber Range Solutions Pacific Endeavor at Cyber Endeavor used Ixia BreakingPoint cyber range solutions to create the behavior of millions of users, and blended real-world applications, live cyber attacks and malformed traffic. These real-world scenarios, run by the Ixia team, provided a variety of benefits to Green-, Red- and Blue-team exercises:
- Green team: Employed the Ixia BreakingPoint solutions to simulate legitimate user communications, using more than 180 applications and accessing the same number of simulated application servers hosted on the network infrastructure managed by the Blue team.
- Red team: Used the Ixia BreakingPoint solutions to simulate malicious users sending malicious traffic to the network infrastructure, using more than 5,000 network attacks and more than 28,000 pieces of live malware.
- Blue team: Managed the network infrastructure using Palo Alto Networks solutions for next-generation firewall, firewall, application identification, IPS capabilities, antivirus, antimalware and antispyware capabilities.
About IxiaIxia provides the industry’s most comprehensive converged IP network validation and network visibility solutions. Equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises and government agencies use Ixia solutions to design, verify and monitor a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE equipment and networks. Ixia test solutions emulate realistic media-rich traffic and network conditions so that customers can optimize and validate the design, performance and security of their pre-deployment networks. Ixia intelligent network visibility platforms provide clarity into physical and virtual production networks for improved performance, security, resiliency and application delivery of cloud, data center and service provider networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.