Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ametek ( AME) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ametek fell 47 cents (-1.4%) to $34.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 930,262 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.97-$34.49 after having opened the day at $34.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.58. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: China Valves Technology ( CVVT), down 18.4%, Ecotality ( ECTY), down 9.4%, TMS International ( TMS), down 8.5%, and LSB Industries ( LXU), down 8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.