Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Beam ( BEAM) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Beam fell 78 cents (-1.4%) to $56.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 796,892 shares of Beam exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 617,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.51-$57.70 after having opened the day at $57.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.31. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), down 4.9%, Chromcraft Revington ( CRC), down 3%, Manchester United PLC Class A ( MANU), down 2.9%, and Hooker Furniture Corporation ( HOFT), down 2.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Beam Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.