Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Consol Energy ( CNX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Consol Energy rose $2.63 (8%) to $35.48 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, seven million shares of Consol Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.17-$35.69 after having opened the day at $33.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.85. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 18.4%, Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR), up 17%, Arch Coal ( ACI), up 15.7%, and Thompson Creek Metals Company ( TC), up 11.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Consol Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.