Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Joy Global ( JOY) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Joy Global rose $2.37 (4.2%) to $58.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Joy Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.50-$59.37 after having opened the day at $56.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.19. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 22.5%, NF Energy Saving ( NFEC), up 16.6%, Sharps Compliance Corporation ( SMED), up 13.9%, and Edwards Group ( EVAC), up 12.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Joy Global Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.